Sunday, March 23, 2014

Vision



I have read like 3 times already, and I cannot fully understand where does this idea comes from and where is trying to go. I think I am taking it too literal what the author says, therefore, in his “metaphors”, I get lost. Somewhere in this tangled reading, it reminded me of Baudelaire’s “flauneor”. If I remind it correctly, the flauneor is like a flying eye that nobody notices it, but the eye sees everybody. It acts as a tourist with no purpose but to wonder and watch. This reading also reminded me of our kino-eye reading, which is nothing and everything at the same time, as the flaneuor.


For what I understand, the author talks about the live and disasters of a watchful eye. As a person’s eye, camera’s eye, etc., is everywhere but nowhere at the same time. the author makes his point across about that knowledge and innocence are two things that does not together. A watchful eye always gets something and cannot ignore whatever it is watching. He also mentions about death, symbols, and children, but I did not get why exactly. I think that he wants us to understand that, as artists, we have a mission: to let the world know what we want let them know.


We fight for what we think is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment