Sunday, March 16, 2014

week 8


I really liked this reading so I created my own response by quoting the text.

"As human beings we find ourselves in a strange situation.
We have the same basic qualities, problems, ernotions,
and interests that animals have: we experience
danger and often need to defend ourselves, we need to
eat and sleep, we feel anger and tenderness, and we
reproduce. At the same time we also have the ability to
observe this entire experience". "The temperature is at 
least reasonable, and we have the freedom to walk around 
and look at things. At times we feel alone; we desire, we fall
in love." "Yet we didn't make up any of these possibilities." 
"We did not make up our emotions. We did not make up the 
fact that we find things beautiful or that people fall in love.
After all, I don't even know how I move my hand or turn my 
head. I don't even know how I'm speaking. All I know is that 
I can participate in this situation." "With humility, we can 
perform an act of alchemy and transform what might feel 
like leaden claustrophobia into an expression of openness 
and clarity" "I realized" "there" "is" "something" "beyond
its intellectual or narrative content". "I began to become
more sensitive to these" "experiences and the qualities"
"that might produce health" "and" "possibly extend to
another media." "We view films in the context of darkness."
"This situation is a metaphor for the nature of our own vision."
 "it can be a way of approaching and manifesting the
ineffable"- "it penetrates to the very core of our being,
and vibrates in a way that is close to this core."
"Existence and nonexistence alternate at an
extremely fast speed". "This intermittence is part of our 
daily experience". "The nature of our life" "is" "truly
disturbing".

No comments:

Post a Comment