Sunday, April 6, 2014

Claire Bishop

Claire Bishop's article said a lot about how it seems that New Media art really has not come to be. So much so that only a few like Frances Stark and Thomas Hirschhorn may have broken through. Most of the actual works that I have seen do not even use the same principles of art that I see in traditional works which might be why you do not see new media in the mainstream art world.

To say the least, I think she might be right in saying that New Media Art has not arrived yet. I think we are still experimenting with the media from the past like analog films. Many works that I see are seem to be unfinished in some ways, not in concept but creation. I think that once we find a way to merge the art world with what is now the New Media world, we might see ourselves more prominently.

No comments:

Post a Comment